Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thing #18

It is important for educators to know how social networking works because kiddos now-a-days use these types of technology and it is important for educators to be on the same page as their students. Plus if anything negative is said about a person, a teacher can step in and tell the student that such behavior is inappropriate.

Some insights I gained from these popular sites included meeting new people, finding old high school buddies, playing games, etc.

Some things I like about Facebook is being able to keep up/find old friends. I had found so many of my old classmates on Facebook and that is how we were able to keep in touch with one another. Some things I dislike about Facebook is all the drama. Everytime I login, I see somebody talking junk anout someone else and I'm like we're too old for this, grow up!

Facebook has the most useful features because there's some much you can do on this site. You can play games, find friends, upload pictures, comment on other people's pictures, like pictures, there's a calemdar for birthdays, etc.

Although these social network sites have tons of drama, I can see something like thise being used in a  classroom or school setting, only if they promise to be positive towards one another and leave the drama at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment