Monday, February 18, 2013

Thing #12

I enjoyed the Google Translate the most out of all the other choices because of how unique and creative it is. It allows you to type in any word, words, or phrases and it translates it from English, Spanish, French to either English, Spanish, or Arabic. And I thought that this tool was great, especially for bilingual people. I also enjoyed the Picasa Web Albumns because just like Flickr, it was filled with beautiful pictures. You can also upload your own image and tag another individual if you'd like. Not only that, but you can also see who shares your pictures, comment on photos, etc. Exploring these tools were very enjoyable; I even set up a calendar as well. Before, I was completely clueless as to how much Google had to offer, but now I see that there's more to Google than just research and images, there's also blogs and more creative/advanced sites.

2 comments:

  1. Google Translate is such a great tool. It can broaden the lessons taught in the classroom significantly. By using the translator, we can teach our students about different cultures found around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I would enjoy Google Translate as well. I am currently taking a Spanish course and sometimes I get stuck on a couple words or phrases. Instead of searching for a good translator online, I could access Google Translate. I have never looked into it because I always thought of Google as STRICTLY a search engine.

    ReplyDelete